Job Title: Caretaker
(Permanent, 35 hours per week – split between morning and afternoon, Term Time plus 2 weeks)
School Name: Cumbria Academy for Autism
Address: Branthwaite Road, Workington, Cumbria CA14 4SS
Salary: NJC SCP 5, £18795 pro-rata
Start Date: September 2019 (NOR 56, Mixed, 4-19 years)
‘Creating Life Changing Opportunities’
We are currently looking to appoint an experienced Caretaker to join this new and exciting school. As a member of the team, you will provide a bespoke service to the School under the direction of the Business Manager and the Head Teacher. This will include ensuring the security of school and the grounds are maintained and a high standard of cleanliness and tidiness is evident throughout the whole premises. We propose that the 35 hour week is split into two daily shifts: 7.30 am to 10.30am and 2.00pm to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday.
As the Caretaker for Cumbria Academy for Autism your responsibilities will cover:
- Minor maintenance of premises, internal fixtures, fittings and furniture
- As the main designated key holder, to be responsible for emergency call outs in the event of fire and intruder alarms, property damage, burglary attempts, floods, etc.
- Opening and closing of the Academy at times determined by the Senior Leadership Team, including ensuring that the fire and intruder alarms are fully operational.
· Monitoring the standards of contractors who provide services to the premises (e.g. cleaning, grounds maintenance and building maintenance contractors).
· Ensuring the efficient and optimum operation of the heating and cooling system.
· Active participation in maintenance reporting procedures.
· To ensure that all lettings are managed in accordance with agreed procedures
· Ensure all reasonable steps are taken to minimise loss or damage to the Academy and persons who come into contact with its activities by ensuring that doors, windows and gates are secured appropriately when the Academy is both in session and unoccupied.
· Undertake semi-skilled repairs, projects and developments on site as directed or required including decorating, carpentry, basic plumbing
· Cleaning duties, including spot and emergency cleaning which may be necessary to maintain hygiene standards throughout the day and litter picking as required.
· Convey waste produce to the appropriate central refuse area as required.
· Movement of furniture and equipment around the premises.
· Monitoring the use of electricity, gas and water and ensuring that any equipment connected to these services are left in a safe condition at the end of each day.
· Ensuring the safe storage of any flammable/toxic substances on site.
· To keep areas of the Academy grounds tidy and free from litter, graffiti, weeds and debris.
· To ensure that paths, roads and parking areas are kept clear of snow, ice and other materials that may affect access and egress of pedestrians and vehicles .
· To protect and keep securely any codes, keys or access equipment issued to enable the role to be performed as required.
· To assist the Business Manager in promoting and ensuring the health and safety of pupils, staff and visitors at all times.
· Attend any appropriate internal meetings as instructed by the Business Manager.
· To promote the aims and ethos of the Academy with all stakeholders including parents, visitors and the local and wider community.
· To have a commitment to Continued Professional Development (CPD).
In return for your hard work and commitment to the role, Cumbria Academy for Autism will offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Local Government Pension Scheme.
- The opportunity to join a supportive and developing team to meet the needs of the pupils.
- The support to progress and develop your career advancement and opportunities.
- A fun and caring environment to work within.
Cumbria Academy for Autism is a new Free School, which is an independent provider to meet the needs of individuals with ASC within the Cumbria Area. We are looking for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we will support. We will offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment. Cumbria Academy for Autism will welcome and nurture staff through the organisation's training provision and seek staff and leaders who are motivated and focused in their delivery of the best education and care support.
Cumbria Academy for Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you have any questions please contact Mrs Liza Ewing, Business Manager, by email;
For further information and an application pack, please visit our website; www.cumbriaacademyforautism.org.uk
CLOSING DATE: MONDAY 1ST JULY 2019 at 9.00AM
INTERVIEW DATE: WEDNESDAY 10TH JULY 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our pupils and staff, and of preventing extremism. All staff are expected to share this commitment. Any offer of employment for this post will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.
Cumbria Academy for Autism is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from a range of backgrounds to represent diversity in line with our community ethos.
Please enter some content for your news story here.