Job Title: Administration Assistant
(Permanent: Full Time, Term Time or Part Time negotiable for the right candidate)
School Name: Cumbria Academy for Autism
Address: Branthwaite Road, Workington, Cumbria CA14 4SS
Salary: NJC SCP 5, £18795 pro-rata
Start Date: September 2019 (NOR 56, Mixed, 4-19 years)
‘Creating Life Changing Opportunities’
We are currently looking to appoint an experienced Administration Assistant to join this new and exciting school. As a member of the administration team, you will provide a confidential administrative support service to the School under the direction of the Business Manager. This will include filing, photocopying, reception management, archiving and minute taking. You will maintain student records on the relevant management systems, arrange student reviews with local authorities, parents and carers. You will also provide a positive front of house experience for all visitors to the academy.
As the Administration Assistant for Cumbria Academy for Autism your responsibilities will include:
- To ensure that all communications and correspondence are dealt with in an efficient and effective manner.
- To provide a reception and meeting service both in person and on the telephone.
- To receive and record incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries and goods in/out.
- To update databases using MS Word, MS Excel and the school’s management information systems as required.
- To provide administrative support for children’s annual reviews.
- To participate in team meetings.
- To travel as necessary providing administrative support to relevant meetings and record the proceedings.
- To promote the aims and ethos of the Academy with all stakeholders including parents, visitors and the local and wider community.
- To have a commitment to Continued Professional Development (CPD).
In return for your hard work and commitment to the role, Cumbria Academy for Autism will offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Local Government Pension Scheme.
- The opportunity to join a supportive and developing team to meet the needs of the pupils.
- The support to progress and develop your career advancement and opportunities.
- A fun and caring environment to work within.
Cumbria Academy for Autism is a new Free School, which is an independent provider to meet the needs of individuals with ASC within the Cumbria Area. We are looking for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we will support. We will offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment. Cumbria Academy for Autism will welcome and nurture staff through the organisation's training provision and seek staff and leaders who are motivated and focused in their delivery of the best education and care support.
Cumbria Academy for Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you have any questions please contact Mrs Liza Ewing, Business Manager, by email;
For further information and an application pack, please visit our website; www.cumbriaacademyforautism.org.uk
CLOSING DATE: MONDAY 1ST JULY 2019 at 9.00AM
INTERVIEW DATE: MONDAY 8TH JULY 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our pupils and staff, and of preventing extremism. All staff are expected to share this commitment. Any offer of employment for this post will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.
Cumbria Academy for Autism is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from a range of backgrounds to represent diversity in line with our community ethos.