ASC SEN, Permanent, Full Time Teacher
Salary: MPR/UPR + SEN Allowance, depending on experience
Start Date: 1 st September 2021 (NOR 56, Mixed, 4-19 years)
‘Creating Life Changing Opportunities’
We are currently looking to recruit an ASC SEN Teacher for a full time, permanent teaching role. A teacher who is passionate and experienced of ASC teaching to join our team at Cumbria Academy for Autism, Workington, Cumbria. This through School is a specialist provision for ASC pupils and provides education for boys and girls aged between 4 and 19 years who have a primary need and diagnosis of Autism and who may be suffering social, emotional and behavioural problems in mainstream Education. This is an exciting opportunity to join our provision and play a key role in the development and learning of our students. The ASC Teacher will become part of a team that specialises in delivering a curriculum designed to meet the specific individual needs of the class and give our students the best possible educational outcomes.
At the Cumbria Academy for Autism our students benefit from our pupil focussed, bespoke
creative curriculum, we are looking for the next member of our teaching team to enhance their learning experience.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plan, deliver and assess outstanding teaching and learning using proven methods and
approaches that enable ASC young people to learn
- Be a class tutor, ensuring pastoral needs are met and establishing excellent relationships with parents and carers
- Engage and motivate pupils
- Inspire trust and confidence in pupils, colleagues, parents and other professionals
- Build team commitment with colleagues and in the classroom
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school
- Engage in whole school activities as required by the Headteacher
- Adhere to all working protocols as agreed and published in the Cumbria Academy for Autism handbook
- Plan and lead children in off-site enrichment activities
- Ensure you uphold all safeguarding procedures, including engaging in annual safeguarding training, including induction training
The main responsibility of this post is to provide high quality teaching and learning for an
allocated class within the Cumbria Academy for Autism. Classes will be mixed year groups and based on ability not age.
- Successful class teaching experience.
- Experience of working with children with SEN, SEMH and/or ASC
- A commitment to ongoing professional development.
- An excellent knowledge of the specialist curriculum area and how it may be effectively taught.
- Teaching qualification & QTS
- Flexibility and resilience
In return for your hard work and commitment to the role Cumbria Academy for Autism will offer:
- Competitive salary
- Teacher Pension Scheme
- The opportunity to join a supportive and developing team to meet the needs of the pupils.
- The support to progress and develop your career advancement and opportunities.
- A fun and caring environment to work within
Cumbria Academy for Autism is a Free School, which is an independent provider to meet the needs of individuals with ASC within the Cumbria Area. We are looking for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we will support. We will offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment. Cumbria Academy for Autism will welcome and nurture staff through the organisation's training provision and seek staff and leaders who are motivated and focused in their delivery of the best education
and care support.
Cumbria Academy for Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you have any questions please contact Mr Richard Aindow, Headteacher, by email;
For further information and an application pack, please visit our website;
CLOSING DATE: MONDAY 26TH APRIL 2021, 9.00AM
INTERVIEW DATE: WEEK COMMENCING 4TH MAY 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our pupils and staff, and of preventing extremism. All staff are expected to share this commitment. Any offer of employment for this post will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references. Cumbria Academy for Autism is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from a range of backgrounds to represent diversity in line with our community ethos.