ASC SEN, Permanent, Part Time (0.6) Teacher of Secondary Mathematics
Start Date: 1st September 2021 (NOR 56, Mixed, 4-19 years)
‘Creating Life Changing Opportunities’
We are looking to recruit a passionate and experienced SEN ASC Secondary Mathematics Teacher to join our existing team.
This through school opened in September 2019 under the Free School Programme as a specialist provision for ASC pupils and provides education for boys and girls currently aged between 8 and 16 who have a primary need and diagnosis of Autism and who may be suffering social, emotional and behavioural issues in a mainstream setting. We currently have 40 children on roll, rising to 48 in September 2021 and 56 in September 2022.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our provision and play a role in the development and learning of our students.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Plan, deliver and assess outstanding teaching and learning using proven methods and approaches that enable ASC young people to learn
- Engage and motivate pupils
- Inspire trust and confidence in pupils, colleagues, parents and other professionals
- Build team commitment with colleagues and in the classroom
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of the school
- Engage in whole school activities as required by the Headteacher
- Adhere to all working protocols as agreed and published in the Cumbria Academy for Autism handbook
- Ensure you uphold all safeguarding procedures, including engaging in safeguarding training and induction training
The main responsibility of this post is to provide high quality teaching and learning for the Secondary Mathematics, including GCSE provision within the school. Classes may be mixed year groups and are based on ability, not age. Classes may be mixed year groups and are based on ability, not age.
- Successful class teaching experience
- Experience of working with children with SEN, SEMH and/or ASC
- A commitment to ongoing professional development
- An excellent knowledge of the specialist curriculum area and how it may be effectively taught across KS3 and KS4 currently and potentially KS5 in future years
- Teaching qualifications and QTS
In return for your hard work and commitment to the role, Cumbria Academy for Autism offers:
- Competitive salary
- Teacher Pension Scheme
- The opportunity to join a supportive and developing team to meet the needs of the pupils
- The support to progress and develop your career advancement and opportunities
- An opportunity to join our unique school
- A fun and caring environment to work within
We are keen to receive applications from NQTs who meet the majority of the criteria in our person specification.
Cumbria Academy for Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you have any questions please contact Mr Richard Aindow, Headteacher, by email; firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information and an application pack, please visit our website; www.cumbriaacademyforautism.org.uk
CLOSING DATE: MONDAY 26TH APRIL 2021, 9.00AM
INTERVIEW DATE: WEEK COMMENCING 4TH MAY 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our pupils and staff, and of preventing extremism. All staff are expected to share this commitment. Any offer of employment for this post will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.
Cumbria Academy for Autism is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from a range of backgrounds to represent diversity in line with our community ethos.