ASC SEN TEACHING ASSISTANT - PERMANENT
Job Title: Teaching Assistant: 35 hours per week, Term Time, Permanent
Salary: SCP 6, £19698, (pro rata) plus Classroom Based SEN Allowance (pro rata) on satisfactory completion of probationary period
Start Date: 1st September 2021 (NOR 56, Mixed, 4-19 years)
‘Creating Life Changing Opportunities’
Due to an increase in pupil numbers from September 2021, we are currently looking to recruit experienced Teaching Assistants to support the Primary, Secondary and Specialist subject teaching roles. This brand new through School is a specialist provision for ASC pupils and will provide education for boys and girls aged between 4 and 19 years who have a primary need and diagnosis of Autism and who may be suffering social, emotional and behavioural problems in mainstream Education. This is an exciting opportunity to join our provision and play a key role in the development and learning of our students. The Teaching Assistant will become part of an existing team that specialises in delivering a curriculum designed to meet the specific individual needs of the class and give our students the best possible educational outcomes.
At Cumbria Academy for Autism our students will benefit from our unique, bespoke creative curriculum with strategic support from multidisciplinary teams of therapists, and we are looking for the next member of our staff team to enhance their learning experience.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- To work under the direction of the class teacher (or TA leading the class in the short term absence of the class teacher), to implement planning and assessment, working with individual or small groups of pupils in order to achieve bespoke and tailored learning for pupil progress.
- To support pupils to overcome barriers to learning, promoting the inclusion of all pupils by supporting the application of their IEPs, developing their communication skills, supporting them to manage their behaviour, developing independence and social skills and to take responsibility for monitoring/reporting on the impact of class based and individual pupil interventions.
- To provide supervision and guidance and learning opportunities in all non-lesson based activities.
- Experience of working with children with ASC and/or learning difficulties.
- Teaching Assistant/Child Care/NVQ/ other relevant qualification (related to education is desirable) at minimum of Level 2+.
- A commitment to ongoing professional development.
In return for your hard work and commitment to the role, Cumbria Academy for Autism will offer:
- Competitive salary;
- SEN Allowance on satisfactory completion of your probationary period;
- Local Government Pension Scheme;
- The opportunity to join a supportive and developing team to meet the needs of the pupils;
- The support to progress and develop your career advancement and opportunities;
- A fun and caring environment to work within.
Cumbria Academy for Autism is a new Free School, which is an independent provider to meet the needs of individuals with ASC within the Cumbria Area. We are looking for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we will support. We will offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment. Cumbria Academy for Autism will welcome and nurture staff through the organisation's training provision and seek staff who are motivated and focused in their delivery of the best education and care support.
Cumbria Academy for Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you have any questions please contact Mr Richard Aindow, Headteacher, by email; firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information and an application pack, please visit our website; www.cumbriaacademyforautism.org.uk
CLOSING DATE: Monday 7th June 2021 AT 9.00AM
INTERVIEW DATE: Week commencing 21st June 2021
PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT C.V’S
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our pupils and staff, and of preventing extremism. All staff are expected to share this commitment. Any offer of employment for this post will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.
Cumbria Academy for Autism is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from a range of backgrounds to represent diversity in line with our community ethos.