Assessment at CAA
Assessment will take place across many areas including social communication, emotional well-being and independent living skills.
This will be necessary because:
- assessment needs to take place across many areas of functioning e.g, physical, social, emotional and cognitive aspects of development;
- autism is a spectrum condition and therefore it is not possible to assess one child against another even with just one aspect of development;
- progress in social, personal and health educational areas can be vitally important in giving them access to the best possible opportunities at school, college and ultimately in adult life;
- the development of a functional communication system will be essential to be able to access educational opportunities;
- reliable, honest assessment of student attainment and achievements will be essential if we are to be accountable to parents, the Local Authority, other outside agencies, exam boards and the DfE