Deputy Head Teacher (Permanent)
We are looking for an inspirational and engaging Deputy Head Teacher who shares our commitment and vision in providing our unique, person centred and bespoke learning environment for pupils with ASC in Cumbria. Working collaboratively with the Head teacher and the Cumbria Academy Trust, you will have high expectations and the knowledge, experience and interpersonal skills to drive sustained improvement throughout the school meeting the individual pupil needs.
Start Date: 1st January 2022
Salary: L5 to L10
Cumbria Academy for Autism opened in September 2019, you will play a unique role in helping to shape and establish the school within the Trust. Having been open throughout the pandemic we enter our third year in anticipation of our first Ofsted visit.
To be successful, you will:
- Be an excellent class teacher who can model outstanding practice;
- Have school leadership experience and be able to demonstrate having supported whole school improvement;
- Have experience of coaching and developing colleagues;
- Promote the school, engaging with parents, carers and the wider community;
- Be committed to collaboration with colleagues.
- Be resilient and committed to the unique opportunity and challenge that is providing educational leadership within a SEN ASC school.
In return, we will actively support your professional development whilst offering an inspiring highly individualised learning environment for ASC pupils within a supportive community. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new team, shaping the future of our learners and drawing expertise both from within the school and from across the Trust and external bodies.
Further information and answers to questions can be arranged by contacting the Head; Richard Aindow: email@example.com.
Please complete your application via TES:
Closing date: 6th October 2021 at 9.00am
Assessment and interviews: week commencing 18th October 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our pupils and staff, and of preventing extremism. All staff are expected to share this commitment.
Any offer of employment for this post will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.
Cumbria Academy for Autism is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from a range of backgrounds to represent diversity in line with our community ethos.